1. Bill can tell a dead cat on the line before anybody knows there's something wrong.
2. Jill: I've hinted to Mary several times that I need her to pay me the money she owes, but she just ignores me.
Jane: A cat in gloves catches no mice, Jill. Tell her bluntly that you need the money.
3. Has the cat got your tongue? I'm waiting for an explanation.
4. What's the matter with her? She's like a cat on a hot tin roof this morning.
5. Your presentation must have gone well. You look like the cat that swallowed the canary.
6. Poor Dave looks like something the cat drug in. He must have been out late last night.
7. It's a secret. Try not to let the cat out of the bag.
8. We get on very well as adults, but as kids, we fought like cat and dog.
9. Tell them all they've got to work on Saturday. That should set the cat among the pigeons.
10. Your new car is the cat's meow.